Wednesday 27 October 2010

The Liberated Press

Paul emailed us about a call for entries for a publication called 'The Liberated Press' which is a seasonal fold-out poster/newspaper handout thing which is made by Liberty's Department Store  which also happens to be one of my favourite places to wander round on a lazy afternoon in town, it is an oasis of calm and beautiful things in an otherwise horrible, busy, tourist-filled hell of a street. So I was quite excited by the project and eager to get started on some ideas. We were due to meet with Paul and someone from the Liberty's design department for a walkaround the store on Wednesday so I spent a bit of time in the library beforehand researching the history of the shop. It was pretty interesting stuff, I won't bore you with details apart from my favourite fact which is that the Timber for the building was taken from 2 ships called HMS Hindustan & HMS Impregnable which is a pretty cool name, it's given me loads of ideas already and the walk around was also informative and looking at all the details of the building was really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment