Monday 30 May 2011

Catch up

So, a lot has happened since I last posted, seeing as that was a very long time ago, we have a lot to catch up on, are you sitting comfortably? Good, then I'll begin.

The last you heard from me I had just handed in the Okido project, next I chose to do the Brand You project with Chris and Alex from Company London the reason I chose it was because I didn't have much experience of branding and wanted to push myself to do something different that I wasn't comfortable with, and boy did this project take me waaaaaaaaay out of my comfort zone.

The brief was to brand yourself which although it's a really interesting concept and not something that I'd thought about so much before, was a project that I really struggled with, being something of an under-sharer who hates talking about herself, this was a big challenge.

It took a long time to come up with a concept, but whilst I was doing my research I started looking into the meanings of my names, it turns out that Carla means 'Manly' or is a female version of Charles. So I took this and decided to call myself Charles. I then started to think about constructing a personality that people would have to try and find out who Charles is, so I made a campaign called "Who is Charles?". Where I designed a series of posters, postcards and business cards using other people or things to give and idea of the personality of Charles, here's what I came up with.


The poster campaign would have 2 waves, the first would be posters with the question "Who is Charles?" obscuring the faces of what it is and then the next wave would have the faces revealed.




Simultaneously postcards would be distributed with stickers with "Who is Charles" written on them stuck over the face or object that is the clue, so you can peel off the sticker to reveal it. On the otherside it has an explanation of why Charles likes or feels like he is similar to this thing, it would also serve as a data capture device with the option of filling it out to reveal what or who you are.

The Debbie Harry one is my favourite.

Then finally the business card, this would also have a sticker over the card to reveal the face behind:






I also experimented with animated gifs that I was going to use for the website, which were inspired by Terry Gilliams animations for Monty Python, I'm going to try to work on these more later as I really liked them and want to use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment